Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bye Em!

So I am really bummed. My best friend here, Emily is heading back to the great state of Washington. Yes, she too is from WA. Although I rarely saw her because she lived in the west, almost in El Salvadore and Guatemala and about 12 hours from me, I will miss her very much. On the plus side, It should be fairly easy to track her down and stalk her when I eventually make it back home myself. Initially, I was just sad that she was leaving. As I headed to Tegus today to say goodbye, I felt jealous. I am still appreciating my experience here but thinking of all the things she gets to return to is a little dishartening. She can hang out with friends and family. Soon she will enjoy hot showers, flushing toilet paper, real cheese, she will no longer have to bleach her fruits and vegetables or worry about getting parasites from brushing her teeth. There are so many things I have come to accept as a part of everyday life here. I suddenly realized how nice it will be to have some of those things again.



Em, I know going back is a tough mix of joy and sadness but thanks for everything. You will be great! I will miss you.

No comments: