Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Muere cucaracha muere!

Sunday, I met this, the biggest cockroach I have personally killed. I was not excited when it suddenly appeared in my shower as I was trying to bathe (I mean, dumping a cold bucket over my head). Of course, it looked even bigger alive and "flying" around my shower. Not the biggest I have seen, that award goes to Edwin for killing it as he ran around the park barefoot.

I believe this is the first cockroach I have actually seen in this house. Therefore, I am telling myself it lived outside and was just trying to find it's way back out. It did actually appear to be searching for a path through the teja. Then it fell and met a new friend named Raid.


On a happier note... It rained last night! After weeks of drought it poured rain for a few hours last night, effectivly cooling the air (I got to sleep under the sheet) and greatly reducing the dust. I even got to run on my dirt road route again this morning! They are doing construction and it has just been too dusty. Therefore, I was running on the paved road past all the car workshops. It's a boring route full of unoriginal piropos. Such is life.

No comments: